Michigan Immigrant Rights Center - Communications Coordinator (Kalamazoo)
POSITION: The Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC), a statewide division of Michigan Statewide Advocacy Services (MSAS), is seeking candidates for a full-time communications coordinator position based in its Kalamazoo office.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM: MIRC is part of Michigan Statewide Advocacy Services (MSAS), a non-profit law firm providing free legal services to low income and senior persons through several statewide programs. MIRC is a legal resource center for immigrant communities. The three pillars of our work are: 1) direct legal services; 2) systemic advocacy; and 3) community education and engagement. MSAS is administered by the Michigan Advocacy Program (MAP), which provides access to the justice system for those who need it the most through civil legal aid offices and statewide advocacy programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The communications coordinator will advance MIRC’s communications strategies for the communities we serve, partners in our advocacy, and broader target audiences through the following activities:
- Message development in partnership with stakeholders and national advocacy organizations
- Social media, website, and email marketing content creation and management
- Media outreach and engagement
- Analysis of internal and external data to support communications and advocacy
- Development of print and online materials that respond to the needs of client communities, donors, and other stakeholders
- Close work with managing attorneys, public policy coordinator, MAP’s Manager of Outreach and Development, and other staff members on MIRC’s dynamic and diverse team to develop and strengthen advocacy
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent communication skills are required. An associate’s degree or commensurate educational and professional experience is required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidate must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Candidate must be proficient with major software and web services including Word, Excel, G Suite, email marketing, etc. Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated commitment to social, economic, and racial justice, especially in the area of immigrant rights.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time position with a 2020 starting salary at $40,000 and includes excellent health, disability, and fringe benefits.
- Completing this form: cc/MIRCJOBS
- E-mailing a cover letter that confirms your qualifications, your current resume, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MIRC Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but priority is given to those received by February 24, 2020.
MSAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.