Michigan Advocacy Program - Communications & Development Associate - Ypsilanti
POSITION: Michigan Advocacy Program is seeking a Communications & Development Associate to work with the Central Administration staff on a variety of administrative duties. The Communications & Development Associate will work out of our Ypsilanti office with the potential for some remote work. The Communications & Development Associate will be part of our Central Administration team, which includes MAP’s Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, Director of Advocacy, and Director of Development.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM: Michigan Advocacy Program’s mission is to advance the safety, independence, and economic stability of those most affected by poverty, racism, and other structurally oppressive systems by increasing access to justice and working for systemic solutions. MAP has provided civil legal aid for those unable to afford an attorney for more than 50 years. Today, MAP’s Legal Services of South Central Michigan (LSSCM) helps individuals and families achieve safety, stability, and economic security by providing free civil legal services with an emphasis on homelessness prevention, domestic violence and elder abuse prevention, and assistance in accessing health care, food, and needs-based income programs. In addition to LSSCM, MAP manages six statewide programs serving immigrant communities (Michigan Immigrant Rights Center), vulnerable older adults (Michigan Elder Justice Initiative), survivors of domestic violence and elder abuse (Crime Victims Legal Assistance Program), and providing access to legal information to self-represented litigants (Michigan Legal Help Program). MAP has a staff of about 200 people in offices in Battle Creek, Detroit, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Monroe, and Ypsilanti. Visit www.miadvocacy.org and www.lsscm.org for more information.
- Manage the individual donor database, gift processing, and gift acknowledgment
- Act as a liaison with the Board of Directors, including handling logistics and taking minutes at Board meetings
- Organize staff meetings
- Create and design flyers, graphics, brochures, and reports, including the organization’s annual report
- Manage and grow MAP’s social media presence, including Facebook and Twitter
- Generate content for MAP’s and LSSCM’s websites
- Analyze data for grant reports
- Assist with grant administration tasks, including drafting documents, creating attachments, and maintaining the grant calendar
- Provide general administrative support for team of 10 staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Canva or basic graphic design skills
- Moderate to advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables
- A demonstrated commitment to serving low-income and other vulnerable populations
BENEFITS: Salary is starting at $39,000 depending on experience and includes excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications & Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications received by November 5th will receive priority.
The Michigan Advocacy Program is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.