Michigan Advocacy Program - HR Administrator - Ypsilanti, MI
POSITION: Michigan Advocacy Program is seeking a Human Resources Administrator to enhance MAP’s recruitment, hiring, and retention of staff. This is a new position that will be part of central administration. Until our offices fully re-open, the Human Resources Administrator will be working remotely. Once our offices fully open, the Human Resources Administrator will ideally work out of our Ypsilanti office.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM: Michigan Advocacy Program (MAP) works to advance the safety, independence, and economic stability of those most affected by poverty, racism, and other structurally oppressive systems by increasing access to justice and working for systemic solutions. MAP has provided civil legal aid for those unable to afford an attorney for more than 50 years. Today, MAP’s Legal Services of South Central Michigan (LSSCM) has five legal aid offices in south and central Michigan serving 13 counties with an emphasis on homelessness prevention, domestic violence and elder abuse prevention, and assistance in accessing health care, food, and needs-based income programs. In addition to LSSCM, MAP manages six statewide programs serving immigrant communities (Michigan Immigrant Rights Center), vulnerable older adults (Michigan Elder Justice Initiative), victims of domestic violence and elder abuse (Crime Victims Legal Assistance Program), migrant and seasonal farmworkers (Farmworker Legal Services), providing research and training support to all legal aid advocates (Michigan Poverty Law Program), and providing access to legal information to self-represented litigants (Michigan Legal Help Program). MAP has a staff of about 150 people in offices in Battle Creek, Detroit, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Monroe, and Ypsilanti. Visit lsscm.org and miadvocacy.org for more information.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Human Resources Administrator’s responsibilities will include . . .
- Helping to implement and monitor MAP’s recruitment, hiring and retention policies to to increase diversity and inclusion in our workforce;
- Drafting and posting job announcements, updating application forms;
- Researching and identifying opportunities to share positions and recruit candidates, including coordinating MAP’s participation in career fairs;
- Coordinating hiring processes, including monitoring applications, working with hiring committees;
- Drafting contracts;
- Organizing onboarding of new employees;
- Creating and maintaining personnel files;
- Assisting with updating and monitoring of staff leave time, benefits enrollment, and other personnel services;
- Tracking and assisting with staff anniversaries, program awards, and other recognition of The Human Resources Administrator will report to the Technology and Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Human Resources Administrator will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience. Qualified candidates will demonstrate an understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion best practices and countering implicit bias in the workplace; strong analytical and writing skills; strong attention to detail and accuracy in work; strong computer skills; ability to create and maintain necessary systems; ability to handle multiple responsibilities and to prioritize work as needed; a commitment to MAP’s mission and values.
BENEFITS: Salary is starting at $50,000 depending on experience and includes excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Administrator” in the subject line. Applications received by 2/1/20 will receive priority.
The Michigan Advocacy Program is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.