Legal Services of South Central Michigan - Legal Assistant (Battle Creek Office)
Legal Services of South Central Michigan (LSSCM), a nonprofit law firm that provides civil legal assistance to low income residents, is seeking a full time Legal Assistant for its Battle Creek office. LSSCM is a division of the Michigan Advocacy Program (MAP) that has offices in Detroit, Battle Creek, Grand Rapids, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Monroe, and Ypsilanti. Learn more about LSSCM at http://www.lsscm.org and MAP at http://www.miadvocacy.org. This position requires a highly skilled, patient, motivated person who desires to play an essential role in providing legal services to underrepresented residents.
- Interviewing clients
- Client database management
- General clerical work
- Administrative support of the legal work of the office
- Fluency in Spanish is desired, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills and planning abilities.
- A demonstrated commitment to serving marginalized communities.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with a wide range of clientele
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and ability to adapt to cloud-based systems such as google drive, docs and sheets.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: Starts at $33,000, DOE
- LSSCM offers a competitive benefits package with excellent paid leave time.
- LSSCM is a unionized program.
Please email resume and cover letter to: Alisa Parker, Managing Attorney. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan Advocacy Program is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.