Legal Services of South Central Michigan - Legal Assistant - Battle Creek, MI
Legal Services of South Central Michigan (LSSCM), a nonprofit law firm that provides civil legal assistance to low income residents, is seeking a full time Legal Assistant for its Battle Creek office. This is a one-year contract position. LSSCM is a division of the Michigan Advocacy Program (MAP) that has offices in Detroit, Battle Creek, Grand Rapids, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Monroe, and Ypsilanti. Learn more about LSSCM at lsscm.org and MAP at miadvocacy.org. This position requires a highly skilled, patient, motivated person who desires to play an essential role in providing legal services to underrepresented residents.
- Interviewing clients
- Client database management
- General clerical work
- Administrative support of the legal work of the office
- Fluency in Spanish is desired, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills and planning abilities.
- A demonstrated commitment to serving marginalized communities.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with a wide range of clientele
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and ability to adapt to cloud-based systems such as google drive, docs and sheets.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: Starts at $33,000, DOE
- LSSCM offers a competitive benefits package with excellent paid leave time.
- This is a one-year contract position with the possibility of extension.
Please email resume and cover letter to: Alisa Parker, Managing Attorney. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received by 10/21/20 will receive priority.
Michigan Advocacy Program is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.