Program and Outreach Coordinator - Michigan Legal Help Program - Ann Arbor
The Michigan Legal Help Program (MLHP), offices located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, helps people who have to handle simple civil legal problems without a lawyer. One primary product of the MLHP is MichiganLegalHelp.org, an interactive, statewide website that provides legal information tools and referrals to self-represented litigants. Legal information tools includes Articles, Common Questions and Do-It-Yourself tools, utilizing A2J Author and HotDocs, which enable litigants to complete their own legal forms. MLHP received the NLADA’s Innovations in Equal Justice Award in 2015, and the MSBF’s Access to Justice Award in 2017; we’re looking to add another dedicated staff member to our team.
Job Description and Responsibilities: This is a full time position; duties fall into five categories:
- LiveHelp Program: LiveHelp volunteers provide chat-based assistance to web visitors daily. Responsibilities include volunteer recruitment, training, and management; supervising and monitoring volunteer performance; and coordinating with other MLH staff on LiveHelp operations.
- Self-Help Centers: SHCs provide computers and trained Navigators to help people use MLH; currently we support 15 centers and add more each year. Responsibilities include collaborating with partners to establish new legal self-help centers (chairing meetings, ordering equipment, training navigators, helping to plan/advertise each opening, etc.), and providing ongoing education and support to all SHCs.
- MLH outreach and marketing: The communications specialist will implement and manage MLH’s communications plans to reach our constituents, primarily the public and the legal aid community, the private bar, courts, law schools, and other organizations that serve lower-income Michigan residents. Duties include identifying outreach targets, developing and carrying out comprehensive plans to increase the use of MLH; maintaining social media presence; participating in training/education events; updating and distributing all PR materials, and other methods to increase our visibility in the state.
- Content Management: Posting content to six other statewide websites; responsibilities include posting training materials, videos, and notices on Drupal websites as directed by content curators of those sites.
- Provide front-line desktop support for 20-person office (we will provide training).
Qualifications: Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience in a related position, and should demonstrate a commitment to the low income community. Qualified candidates will work well with people and build collaborations; have excellent oral presentation and written communication skills; have some experience writing informational and promotional outreach materials, and conducting or facilitating meetings; have a willingness and ability to travel throughout Michigan by car; have an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet all deadlines; and work well on a small team.
Benefits: Salary range begins at $31,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits includes medical, dental, vision, long term disability insurance, participation in a 403(b) plan, and generous leave time. MI PLP, LLC is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Send a resume and cover letter to Angela Tripp, Director, MLHP via Amy Ciardiello at email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis; priority given to those received by 11/3/17.